Mould in your home not only looks ugly but it can also be detrimental to your health hence why we get called out many times a day to consult with people on the best treatment for the mould that is visible around the home.
The first thing you will need to do is analyze what type of building material or surface the mould is growing on.
Internal walls, which may be plasterboard, gyprock or timber paneling and have been painted, will be the easiest to treat, as they have a formed sealed surface barrier making it harder for the mould to penetrate deep into the material.
The treatment for sealed surfaces such as these, you can use a concentrated disinfectant solution. These can be found at most hardware stores but be sure to use them only as directed.
Surfaces such as brickwork, stucco, stonework, acrylic foam ceiling paneling, un-sealed timber, concrete, and other porous or un-sealed materials (the list goes on) will be much harder to treat due to moisture being able to penetrate further into the surface.
For mould treatment of porous surfaces you need to find out how effected the area is and determine whether to treat the mould problem or in some cases, it may be best to remove and replace the materials. There are various products available at your hardware store that can be used on these kinds of surfaces always test products on a small area before hand to ensure there is no bad reaction, always follow directions on the label.
If you want to leave the treatment to the experts who understand mould, and not only have it treated but also prevent the mould returning in the future please contact us here at Mould Removal. We are available throughout the Sydney, Newcastle and Central Coast areas.